Featured Post

BECOMING AN ARTIST

The first thing people say to me is “I can't even draw a stick person”. That is exactly what I said, when I mentioned that I wished ...

Thursday, March 31, 2016

SUPPLY LIST FOR PAINTING IN MEXICO

Purchasing Acrylics in Mexico




The brand is Politec, the color of the tube is white and orange
They also have a brand called Amsterdam and Reeves, these are also okay, just a bit more expensive than the Mexican brand.
Because they are a fairly reasonable paint to buy, I buy all the colors, saves mixing, but a basic palette of colors would include, a warm and a cool of each color.
The ones I would suggest are
# 904 Amarillo (lemon yellow)
# 906 Amarillo Med (Medium Yellow)
Amersterdam has a yellow here I use and it is called Yellow Deep, it is a bit darker.
# 907 Narjanja Hanza (a browner orange (optional)
# 908 Naranja Cad (a bright orange (optional)
# 911 Verde Bosque (dark green)
# 912 Verde Thalo (blue green)
# 914 Rojo Politec (leans toward Pink)
# 916 Rojo Cad ( a medium red)
# 920 Cerulean Blue (turquoise)
# 922 Azul Cobalto (more of a royal blue)A
# 929 Amarillo Ochre ( I use this a lot, it is a earthier yellow, also sold as Naples Yellow in the Reeves brand, it is a bit softer yellow)
# 924 Sienna Natural
# 924 Sombra Natural (both these colors are more earthy tones, so not necessary if you are more into painting florals)


Brushes

I use a brand, called Rodin
#12 flat
# 8 flat
# 6 round
liner brush

Gesso (the white base) any time I buy a canvas, I usually give it a coat or two extra, it just gives it a better smoother finish.
And a wider brush, you can get one in a hardware store, I use that for putting on the gesso, rather than wearing out your painting brushes.











No comments:

Post a Comment